Sunday, September 05, 2004

Starting Over

There comes a time when one just needs to be alone. So here I am, starting over alone, finding somewhere I can grieve on my own.
These GrooveLily lyrics do a beautiful job of describing where I am.
Little Light© Milburn/Vigoda 2000
I always thought I'd set the world on fireWith my dreams as kindling, the match was my desireNow the rain won't stop And as I try to light this sodden wood I learnThis was never in the blueprintThis was never part of my planI've been struggling here foreverAnd everybody's running past me to the dry landI see all the other torchesLighting up the nightI am right here with my matches burning bright
And no one needs my little lightNo one needs my little lightNo one needs my little light
With my coat turned up, my back against the rainI will cup my hands to shield this fragile flameThere's a bonfire blazing just around the bendAnd it would be so easy to toss my match right inAll my friends are there togetherWarmth, safety and a soup canI've been struggling here foreverAnd everybody's running past me to the dry landI see all the other torchesLighting up the nightI am right here with my matches burning bright

I'll be shining like a beaconWhen the other embers are dyingI'll be flying like an eagleBurning up the skyline, or die tryingIt's a lonely mission and a solitary fightBut I will stay here with my matches burning bright
If no one needs my little lightIf no one needs my little lightIt's there for me, my little lightI'll never leave my little light

No comments: