Saturday, November 19, 2005

(photo taken from: http://pic.ty.sx.cn/jinqiu/s/autumn%20042.jpg)

It's Saturday afternoon and the day is absolutely amazing. I'm staring out the window and see yellow leaves glorifying the day with brilliance. I am so lucky to be here - to be watching this. Every year I never had the opportunity to enjoy autumn the way it deserves to be enjoyed and this year it is such a luxury. The leaves are golden and fiery. I like to think of it as a last sign of protest. This year, I will be able to watch the Thanksgiving Day Parade without worrying about Calculus, Organic Chemistry, Physics, 30 page papers. No this year, it is just autumn and I. How wonderful and truly nurturing, because I needed this silence, this solace, this grace. I needed this more than I ever truly understood and finally - FINALLY - I am happy, at peace, quiet. I can breathe. I am taking one long, long, long breathe, before I dive into choppy waters once again (that is if I get accepted to medical school for next fall). If not, then I get an extra year to breathe. But, if I do get in, this is my last chance to be carefree.
I am going to try to read some memorable books. Yum.

1 comment:

Irina Tsukerman said...

What a beautiful photograph! I can just see it... Here, the winter is already beginning to set in, so most of the leaves are gone, unfortunately... I do love autumn so!