Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Three Little Birds

Even a day filled with errands, studying, and getting organized is filled with magic.
As I sat down to write an e-mail to my Bone Lab professor about working in the lab during break, I saw three greyish-brown birds seated softly outside my window. Their bellies were soft and puffed out. It seemed like they were resting warmly even in the winter cold. I was in awe of them. They were sitting so close to me. We were just separated by my window. I don't recall ever seeing birds like those before. I wish I knew which kind they were. I just recently began to notice them hanging around my backyard.
Well, as I sat down, two of them were scared away. But the last one was so nonchalant. It just sat there looking around, not caring about me being there. Then alas, some bird called out in urgency, catching this bird's attention. And off he flew.

2 comments:

~Nitoo Das~ said...

Thanks for the comment on my blog. I was grateful for it after a terrible day at work. :)

I liked reading this piece of yours. It shows a fine sense of observation.

Irina Tsukerman said...

Those birds sound really sweet. Shame you didn't get a picture...